Bourbonnais Business Park
JENNINGS REALTY represents the largest landowner served by the new I-57 Interchange at the corner of Bourbonnais Parkway and I-57. The Interchange project area will provide a gateway to this strategically located and growing Kankakee County market area. This is an improvement with regional significance that will positively impact land use/development patterns in Kankakee.
We seek a development partner to maximize the use and value of what will be the most visible and versatile development parcel of the I-57 Interchange.
Located in its southwest corner, this is the largest single owner land parcel, 145-acre contiguous site, which will take full advantage of the $63.8 mil infrastructure investment made by the state. These improvements are a keystone of the Kankakee County Development District and Village of Bourbonnais comprehensive development plans. The project also includes improvements at the railroad crossing at 6000N Road; the construction of new intersections at Route 45/52 and Illinois Route 50 with 6000N Road; and the relocation of Illinois Route 50 further east.
- Features of these infrastructure investments, which are immediately available to serve the site, are:
- Improvement Financing is available through an existing Industrial TIF and the Kankakee County Enterprise Zone
- Flexible Zoning for Industrial, Office and Commercial Use
- A resourceful and willing Village and County whose development goals are in sync with the future development potential of this site
- All utilities, water, sewer, power, internet, and capacity for these services are on site and available for use
- Reconstruction of the Canadian National Railroad grade crossing at IL 50
An additional $10-12 million dollars will be spent by the Village on a new sewer system, setting the table for the economic growth of the interchange area. The “Heavy Lifting” of infrastructure for development of this community has been done. This site is postured and ideal for an industrial development along the interchange with a commercial presence along 45/52 and route 6000. Land along 45/52 is viewed suitable for retail/shopping center to complement future residential and commercial growth.
- Highly skilled labor force
- Regional labor force of approx. 5M
- Sales tax at 6.25%
- Low property taxes in Kankakee County
- Attractive wages scale
- 10% population growth since 2000
- Within 45 miles of Chicago market
- Upscale industrial park standards
- Within 125 miles of Indianapolis
Standardized development regulations for industrial development programs available.
- Tax financing
- Sales tax sharing
- Fast track permits
- All utilities within close proximity: Electric | Gas | Phone | Sewer | Water
IN THE NEWS
Crain’s Chicago Business | Sept 23, 2021 | Brookfield Asset Management is investing in a big industrial park in Wilmington, about 60 miles southwest of Chicago, betting that the local warehouse boom will continue.
Daily Journal | Aug 17, 2021 | The Bourbonnais Village Board gave approval Monday for the preliminary plat of a three-lot commercial subdivision which will include a Road Ranger travel center on the Bourbonnais Parkway.
Daily Journal | Aug 5, 2021 | Ordinance would finance proposed Travel Center. Trustees to issue $1.5 million in bonds to finance infrastructure improvements at Bourbonnais Parkway.